Mia Cucina da Texas

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tonight I made a pretty fancy meal - lamb kabobs and from scratch leek-potato soup. The lamb I meticulously trimmed and marinated in lemon zest and juice, garlic, fresh chopped rosemary, soy sauce, and EVO. We had some old leeks that we pulled out of the garden Sunday, and they were chopped, sweated, simmered, and blitzed with my immersion blender in vegetable stock, potatoes, cream, and buttermilk.

Unfortunately, my family was not impressed. I think each of them ate one piece of lamb, to be polite. They really liked the bread I bought ready made and crisped up in the convection oven. Anthony said the soup was just OK, Colin didn't really like it, and Anna asked for soup in her school lunch tomorrow.


Oh well, I love lamb. Leftovers for my lunch tomorrow, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Too bad you don't have any lamb lovers over there. I would have savoured your kabobs! Do they like your Teriyaki lamb chops?

October 20, 2007 at 6:36:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home