Mia Cucina da Texas

Monday, September 10, 2007

I wish I had pictures of my latest cooking adventure: on Saturday night we made our own gyro meat, on the maiden voyage of my rotisserie. I've had my beloved gas grill for about 2 years now and never used the rotisserie feature.

After watching Alton Brown's gyro adventure on foodtv, we've been wanting to give it a go. With my MIL in town, I knew we'd have the right audience. We picked up 1 lb of ground lamb and 1 lb of ground grass fed beef at Whole Foods, assembled, and roasted the spit. It smelled SO GOOD! That rotisserie feature is awesome!

I was thrilled with the gyro results, served on Phoenicia pita bread with homemade Tzaziki sauce. Anthony said it tasted like gilled meatloaf. Not much of a compliment when you consider HOW MUCH he loathes meatloaf. I also made a greek style salad and dressed it with the Tzatziki and EVO. I guess I'd make it again, but not just for Anthony. He apparently likes the mass processed gyro meat better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home