Mia Cucina da Texas

Monday, September 03, 2007


These are green pears! Green in color, and also because I spied an old neighbor selling them while I was jogging Saturday morning, and returned with Anna on the bicycle to purchase them. No carbons were emitted in the procurement of these pears!

I got about twice this many for $4. The old guy kept slipping more into my backpack. Fortunately the trip from his house to mine is downhill.

These pears are ugly but delicious. They are crunchy and juicy like Asian pears. The kids will eat them out of the hand, but sometimes I peel and slice them like Uncle Buck.

Tonight I made Pear and Maple Crumble. It was good, but next time I think I'd add some bourbon or at least vanilla to the fruit mix. Could stand to have more ginger. I had to sub almonds for the walnuts, because that's what I had. Also, I did NOT top with sour cream (?!?). Anthony made some whipped cream for me.

The pears were still crisp and al dente. Not the best dessert ever, but it was pretty easy, and the bowls were empty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home