Mia Cucina da Texas

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Hello. I am Sam. Sam I am. Do you like green eggs and ham? Would you eat them in a boat? Would you eat them with a goat?



On a rainy 4th of July morning, I finally made my kids green eggs. They've only been reading about them for years! I told them the ham, however, would not be green. It's Morningstar Farms Bacon, made from soy and egg whites. OK, I know it looks like plastic playdoh bacon - it's almost grosser to look at than the green eggs. But it tastes pretty authentic, and doesn't make a mess of your kitchen or stink up your house when you cook it (2 min. in the microwave). Bonus! Cruelty-free bacon!



My kids devoured their green eggs. Anna was a little worried that we didn't leave any for slumbering Daddy. We did, however, show him the pictures after he awoke, and that was almost enough to send him over the edge! He said they looked like snot!













Note Anna's cuppa tea.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Brilliant! Funny how a Dr. Seuss story and a little food coloring makes them gobble them up, huh?

I like Colin's hair cut. :-)

July 6, 2007 at 1:04:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home