Mia Cucina da Texas

Tuesday, June 12, 2007


Tonight I made panzanella, or Italian Bread Salad, one of my favorite summertime meals (mostly because there is no pan to clean up, just a cutting board). Toasted rustic bread cubes, tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, feta, and white beans tossed with a garlicky vinagrette. This time I added prosciutto, which put it over the top. Prosciutto makes everything heavenly - cantaloupe, pizza, shrimp, panini. Those must be some happy hogs over there in Emilia-Romana, eating the whey from the parmegiano reggiano! Ah, but I forgot the fresh chopped basil. I'll have to try again...

(PS Note topless boy in the background, fresh from the post-swim bath!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yes it begs for little strips of julienned (sp?) basil for color! Love the 'scuitto. Added it to my pasta night before last too.

June 13, 2007 at 7:28:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home