Mia Cucina da Texas

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I had other mental plans for dinner, but when Anth brought home some sushi-grade frozen Ahi tuna from Costco, I could not get it out of my head. So I made up a new menu.

I seared the tuna, and made this dipping sauce (trying to approximate that sushi experience):

2 tbsp butter
1 tsp minced ginger
2 tbsp chicken broth
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp horseradish (wasabi is better, if you've got it)

Melt the butter and gently cook the ginger in it; do not brown. Add the liquid ingredients; bring to a boil then take off the heat. Serve in a little cup and dip bites of the tuna in it.

I also fixed the last of the sugar snap peas I got at the Farmer's Market, sauteed in sesame oil and garlic. Salad fresh from the garden. And a loaf of ciabatta from CM that I could not resist (although rice may have been a better starch-side, I couldn't let that fresh bread go to waste).

3 Comments:

Blogger Boilerdad said...

I'm not a fish person, but this fish from Costco is utterly amazing. Jenn did a fab job on that sauce, too. It's so simple, but oh so good. She made that sauce up in her head! Genius if you ask me.

May 1, 2007 at 6:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Vetmommy said...

Wow, Anth, thanks for the nice compliment/comment!

May 3, 2007 at 6:29:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy! Sounds really good. We have Costco close to our home, I'll have to check to see if they have that fish here as well.

Sarha

May 4, 2007 at 7:26:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home