Mia Cucina da Texas

Monday, July 02, 2007

I am not tired of the caprese insalata - I made one with my largest platter for guests who really appreciated it Saturday night. I also made what my dad calls "Jennifer Shrimp." (I didn't invent it, but I introduced him to it) It is so simple, so scrumptious. I don't have any pictures of it, cuz we scarfed it all down. Here's the ingredient list:

Shrimp (we had Texas Gulf shrimp - yum!)
Fresh Basil Leaves
Prosciutto
Olive Oil
Cracked black pepper

Wrap each shrimp with 1 leaf of basil and about 1/4 slice of prosciutto. Skewer the shrimp, brush generously with olive oil, and sprinkle with pepper. Grill until shrimp are no longer opaque (do not overcook). Now devour.

1 Comments:

Blogger get2eric said...

Don't forget to take out the skewers (toothpicks) before devouring! :-)

July 5, 2007 at 6:46:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home