Mia Cucina da Texas

Monday, July 30, 2007

We had a lot of good things to eat and drink in Cozumel, but the coffee totally sucked. It was awful. Also bad were the dairy products: everything comes UHT in a juice box. Some was descremada (skim) with vegetable oil added. I guess they did that so it was healthier, with less saturated fat? I didn't try it. The only cream available is condensed in a can, the color of caramel. Blech.





We did manage to eat mangoes EVERYDAY in one form or another. I have loved mangoes ever since my dad pinched them from a tree overhanging a sidewalk to have for breakfast in Maui. Unfortunately, I am allergic to the skin, so someone else has to prepare them for me. Lots of cheap labor in Mexico! We had mango margaritas, mango slices, mango custard pie... Here, Anthony is amazed by the sabor of mango yogurt. The ingredients are, "Leche, mangos, azucar." That's it!
















Everyone knows I love to take pictures of food (right, Emily and Lindsey?). Here is some of our resort food: turkey in mole, and grilled seafood (calamari, shrimps, and grouper). There were lots of good drinks at the resort (this one looks better than it tasted). We especially enjoyed the orange margaritas and pina coladas (not too sweet!). Oh, and I had about a dozen Mojitos a day. They are that refreshing.

































See the empty mojito in the background?

We came home to a garden mostly done with tomatoes (sniff...) but full of eggplants, cucumbers, and pepppers! I made a ratatouille (at the request of the kids, for the movie) that was surprisingly good. Tonight we had eggplant parmeggiano. We've got basil coming out our ears, too. Maybe we'll have pesto tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger get2eric said...

I warned you that I probably wouldn't leave many tomatoes.....
The mole looks good. So does the mojito

August 6, 2007 at 1:11:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Of your garden bounty, Graham asks, "Are those REAL? Can they eat them? Really Mom?" ;)

Wish I knew how to get the accent symbol for the "e" in mole. It doesn't read the same as mole. Mmmm makes me crave that sauce.

August 21, 2007 at 12:51:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home