Mia Cucina da Texas

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lamb Chops alla griglia



I love lamb, especially for Easter. I've made a lot of leg o' lamb for Easter and Christmas, but this year went for chops. Under the right circumstances, I could totally turn into a vegetarian... but lamb chops bring out the carnivore in me. I usually end up eating it with my hands, right off the bone.

Disclaimer: that's not my picture, we forgot to take one, so I stole one off the web. That is approximately what my chops looked like, maybe a little more carmelized, with a lot of green rosemary bits attatched. Also, the measurements below are approximate, as I did not measure anything.

Marinade:

1/8 cup chopped fresh rosemary
4 cloves crushed garlic
4 tbsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
Juice of 1/4 lemon
Lots o' pepper

Mix together in a large ziplock bag with 3-4 lbs lamb chops. I trim my chops minimally. Leave a nice rim of fat around the meat, but cut off the really excess chunks, otherwise you'll have flare-ups on the grill.

Cook over med-high heat for 5-8 minutes per side. Baste occassionally with any leftover marinade. Serve medium. So tender, you're guaranteed to find your inner T.Rex.

1 Comments:

Blogger peevish said...

Ooh, yummy yummy lamb. I'm cooking shanks for supper tonight, in the crock pot. Colorado lamb, even! Now if only my rosemary plant hadn't died over the winter.

April 15, 2009 at 8:13:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home