Mia Cucina da Texas

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I was inspired tonight by a recipe in one of my cooking mags, but as usual, changed it a lot on the maiden voyage. Four thumbs up, though!

Indian Spiced Chicken Burgers


1 lbs ground chicken breast
1 (homegrown) scallion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
1/2 tsp salt
Cracked pepper, to taste

Mush it all together with your hands, then form into 4 sticky little patties. Grill and serve on whole wheat buns and my custom condimenti.

Curry Ketchup

1/4 cup ketchup
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp shriracha (garlic chili paste)

Cool Raita Spread

1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp sesame oil
Chopped herbs (I used cilantro and basil, but mint and oregano would be good, too)

Hopefully I will post more frequently here. I know its been a 4 month drought. At least I know I have one demanding fan!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Must be a sister thing, going middle eastern. I just ate falafel today and asked for extra yogurt/cuke sauce. The guy smiled at me and said, "So, your usual, right?" Hmm...predictable but so satisfied. YUM! and I love anything with garam masala in it. I think I better try your recipe. -your demanding fan

October 2, 2008 at 5:27:00 PM PDT  
Blogger peevish said...

These sound yummy! And raita without cucumbers? Count me in.

October 3, 2008 at 3:32:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Jennifer, please tell me what the following are/is :) Yia yia?...cilantro? and a STICK of Butter??? Thank-you. :)


A.Norma.x

September 26, 2009 at 8:46:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Vetmommy said...

Ah, a little translation:

Yia Yia is greek for Grandmother. This dish was created by the restaurant's Greek nana.

Cilantro is coriander, the green leafy form.

A stick of butter is how it is sold in the States: it is 1/2 cup, or 4 oz.

September 26, 2009 at 11:35:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank-you,Jennifer...xx

A.Norma.

September 27, 2009 at 9:02:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home