Mia Cucina da Texas

Monday, April 07, 2008

Amanda's Decadent Crab Dip

I've been looking for an excuse to make this dip ever since I read it on this blog, but I knew I needed a crowd since my family wouldn't eat enough to put a dent in it. Fran's party was just the ticket.

It starts out with crab and lemon juice (one of our homegrown Meyer Lemons, of course). Amanda calls for 3 cloves of garlic and 1/2 finely chopped white onion, but I have these huge beautiful spring onions growing in the garden, so I thought why not?
Then you add all the yummy white dairy products:
Cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Oops, I didn't have sour cream, so I used plain yogurt and butter instead.
You need a little bit of white wine and a dab of good mustard, then a whole bunch of really good cheese.
Even Colin has learned to say "Parmeggiano reggiano!"
That's it. Well, I added some asiago I had, too.
And I have fresh parsely and thyme growing, so I threw some in as well.
Here is it, all warm melty and delicious. It perfectly fit in my crock pot -ito, a small crock pot I have that keeps things warm (like queso). Serve with toasts or big potato chips. I'll definitely repeat this one, especially for the right crowd, and maybe next time I'll try it as a mushroom stuffing....

4 Comments:

Blogger get2eric said...

That sounds and looks good . Did you use Krab? or the real McCoy?

April 10, 2008 at 1:50:00 PM PDT  
Blogger get2eric said...

I just looked again and I can see that it is real crab.

April 10, 2008 at 1:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger peevish said...

Ooh, yum!

April 11, 2008 at 8:13:00 AM PDT  
Blogger paula said...

Oh wow, that looks gorgeous Jenn.

April 11, 2008 at 10:08:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home