Mia Cucina da Texas

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

MOJITO!




Such a cool refreshing drink. The Cubano julep. The reason everyone should grow mint, even if it's just in a pot.

For each drink:

Muddle 10-15 fresh mint leaves with about 1/2 tsp granulated sugar (and a microscopic pinch of salt). I use my mortar and pestle.

Fill a glass with crushed ice, the crushed mint, a shot of good rum, juice of 1/2 a lime, 1 tbsp simple syrup if you're Jennifer, 2 tbsp simple syrup if you're Anthony, then top off with sparkling water.

Sip and chill out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love this drink, as you know, it was the first thing that touched my lips after Al's lips on our wedding day! ;}

May 22, 2008 at 3:58:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mojito is probably my number one favorite drink....but this picture looks like possibly the most neglected fish tank in existence. haha I like to crush my mint a little less than this because I hate to slurp up the little seaweedy bits or have them clinging to my lips and teeth.
LOVE your food blog. Your homegrown goodies sound/look healthy and delicious!

May 31, 2008 at 6:32:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jessica said...

yum! definitely a recipe I need to file away somewhere - maybe something i could try on my 21st!

June 1, 2008 at 9:55:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You inspired me to make my first ever mojito tonight -- and wow am I grateful to you!! Sipped one with supper, and think I might have to mix another for tonight!

Josie (friend of Steph)

June 3, 2008 at 3:34:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home