Mia Cucina da Texas

Saturday, March 17, 2007

We are hosting Anthony's uncle Volker from Germany this weekend. He is a chef, so we are eating well. Last night Anthony fixed our old stand-by, Peasant Pasta - basically, really good pasta, asiago cheese, white beans, and chopped fresh spinach in a garlicky vinaigrette. MMMmmmm...

Tonight we had a leg o'lamb that they brought with them. "How are we going to fix the lamb?" I asked at breakfast. "You're the lamb expert! You fix it!" they told me. Okey-dokey -- so we went to the farmer's market and purchased asparagus, sweet potatoes, lettuce, and radishes for sides (Volker wisely picked up some bread, too). I butterflied the boneless leg, rubbed it all over with chopped rosemary, garlic, a leedle bit of balsamico and a lotto olive oil. While I prepared the veggies, Volker put the meat on the grill for me. It all turned out fantastico! We opened one of our special bottles of wine from Oregon for that feast.

At the farmer's market, I also bought some free range Berkshire pork to make into some sort of green chile stew. Wish me luck....

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhh, your zest for food is back. Yeah!

March 18, 2007 at 7:29:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home