Mia Cucina da Texas

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I don't cook on Thursdays and Fridays, because I work until 6 and don't get home until close to 7. Anthony cooks those days, usually either pizza, tacos, or something from Costco. He also makes excellent martinis and is handy with the corkscrew.

Last weekend we went to Ft Worth. We grilled at our friends' house - filet mignon for the boys, and salmon for the girls. David did an excellent job on both, but the beef was particularly fine. I encouraged him to make his margaritas with lime juice and simple syrup instead of limeaid, and I think he was impressed with the results. "Smooth!" he said. He doesn't like stuff too sweet.

Last night I made an excellent Enchilada Casserole. "Thank you for making this delicious food!" Anna said. Colin has been on an anti-spicy kick lately and was too suspicious to try it. I had it for lunch today, and it was still yummy. Tonight, we had pasta with pomodoro sauce I'd previously made and frozen, and a salad with arugula from the garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home